and History | Bylaws | Articles
of Incorporation | Investment Policy
Mission and History
The VCU Foundation (formerly the VCU Fund) was originally
founded in 1917 as the Citizen’s Foundation of the
School of Social Work and Public Health. In May 1989, the
VCU Fund’s Articles of Incorporation were amended
and restated to change the name to the VCU Foundation.
The Foundation exists solely to assist, support and foster
Virginia Commonwealth University in all proper ways that
may from time to time be approved by the trustees of the
Foundation with the guidance of the university. The Foundation
solicits, manages and distributes current and endowment
gifts for all schools, departments and programs throughout
the university with major emphasis on programs for the Monroe Park
Campus. The Foundation also has been used to acquire certain
properties on behalf of the university.
The Foundation is governed by an independent Board of Trustees.
The university rector and president serve as ex-officio
trustees of the Foundation. The university’s development
officer and financial officer serve as secretary and treasurer,
respectively, to the Foundation.